Friday, September 16, 2011

Yes that makes sense

I hear things going bump in the night and unfortunately it's not the neighbors having a good time.
I don't think anyone on my building has sex. Or in any other building I've lived in.  Or they all have their mute button on.
No, I mean I hear weird sounds in my house. I see shadows out of the corner of my eyes. I freak out on a regular basis because "something" brushed against my leg or "something" tugged at my hair.
Don't judge me!
I don't exist. It's only natural for me to be afraid of other things that don't exist either.
Anyway... because of this I am more afraid of the dark than a four year old. I'm the kind of girl who turns on the lights in the next room and then goes back to the room she was to turn off the lights there.
The other day the lights went out on my whole street and we were in the dark for almost an hour.
Oh.. the fun. Have you ever tried to find  candle in the dark with shaky hands and a dog jumping around you?
So since then when the sun goes down I light  a candle in the room I'm in. That way if "something" makes the lights go out I'll still be able to fight the darkness with my mighty tea candle.
Now, you might look at this and ask " but Alailanible... if "something" wanted you to be in the dark *and* could make the lights go out, couldn't it as easily blow out the candle. To that I say "Shhh! Don't give them ideas!!!"
I use the same fantastic logic for  battling the weird sounds: I use headphones and hear music all the time.
"But Alailanible... that just means that you don't hear it.. doesn't mean the sounds are gone. And if there is really "something" running around your house wouldn't it be better to hear it coming so you could run... or scream... or be polite and bake cookies?"
To that I say " what? I can't hear you over the music, sorry..."

No comments: