Tuesday, August 30, 2011

From Apple's journal #41

Wedding- part one: Let it be epic

The music started playing.
Janina had a serious expression on as she opened the doors of the church. She turned around and marched to the altar. Behind her the guests entered and took their seat.
Only when everyone was seated did the priestess turn to face the crowd.
-The groom!- she said with a steady voice as another song started to play.
Andrew appeared. Step by step he walked down the aisle taking his place, his back turned to the door.
-The bridesmaids - announced Janina, still trying to keep a serious face but not being able to hide a smile for she knew what was about to happen.
As the song started to play Billie, being the maid of honour, lead Hope, Faith and Lexi to their places.
-The groomsmen !
Wolf was being pushed in his carriage by Gabriel, followed by Milan and a stumbling Gianfanco.
-Flower girls!
To the tune Mia, Ruby and Scarlet entered covering the floor with red rose petals.
- And now, ladies and gentleman- the priestess said, her voice trembling ever so slightly for the first time- stand up for the bride.
Andrew turned around when a new song started playing to see his wife-to-be walking through the door. His smile matched hers.
When she reached him he took her hand and they whispered an " I love you" to each other.
The wedding was ready to start.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..."

Wedding- part two: Let it be country

Janina cleared her throat and began:

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of these two love birds.
I wanted to say a few words about love but my Apple pie thought it would be funny to have a musical wedding. So I have no other choice than to give this sermon with a country song.

"'Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand
What you've been up there searching for
forever is in your hands
When you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
seem so small"

Janina then turned to the groom.
-Do you Andrew take Apple as your wife?

He smiled and looked at Apple, sharing his vows. With a song, of course.

If you'll be my soft and sweet
I'll be your strong and steady

The priestess then turned to the bride.
-And do you Apple take Andrew as your husband?

It was Apple's turn to sing to Andrew.

We were one together
And we must have talked forever
And it was then and there I realised that
I don't want to wait even one more night
It's hard to slow it down when it feels so right

Janina looked at them and continued.

-Ok, now can I get an "I do" without a song so we can get to the party?

The couple looked at each other and said I do , waiting anxiously for the next part.

-I now pronounce you - the priestess paused for the dramatic effect.. and them a bit longer just to see them squirm- husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

And he did .

Wedding- part three: Let there be food!

After the ceremony it was time to party.
And eat.
And drink.
And eat some more.

So take a step closer to the table and choose your poison !




Highlights of the day:

- I got married.
- The priest was smoking hot
- I got robbed (a funny story to tell the grand-kids).
- My chicken died ( not actually a good thing... poor thing).
- I changed a diaper in the middle of the ceremony.
- The thief was actually nice and gave me back my stuff.
- My shoes didn't hurt my feet at all.
- I ate like a pig.
- Everyone danced around.
- My kids had a blast.
- I got not one but two tattoos for the first time.
- We all got glow sticks to play around.

Thank you to all of my friend that came to the party and to all of those who couldn't but wanted to. :)
I love you all and you helped make this day extra-special!

No comments: