Friday, September 9, 2011

From Apple's journal #47

Pregnant?

So, the test says I am.
The doctor says it too.
But.. but.. but... I'm not feeling pregnant at all.
By this time I should have a nice baby bump, start craving some foods and getting sick with others... at least I should start running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.
Nothing.
I feel just as normal as usually.
I'm starting to think that after 3 pregnancies you get one for free and I'm going to spend all the time until the baby is due without any side effects.
And right now I'm probably making a dozen of pregnant women green with jealousy. :) ( Hi Rosa! :P)

Kids

Some of the nannies have been asking me very good questions about the children so I thought I should share with all the information.
How do they get along:

They all get along rather well. Owen is closest to Ruby and Ruby is closest to him except when Mia is around. Then poor Owen gets dragged into girly play. :P
Scarlet is the one who seeks most attention. She was not happy when Wolf was born but now she thinks that " he's no so stinky any more, mommy".
Because I'm not yet showing a big belly neither one of them is that interested in the new baby on the way. From my experience they only get interested when they can feel the baby move.

What should they eat:
I'd rather have them eat healthy most of the time. It can be hard... specially with Letty. But she eats with her eyes... if it's pretty, she'll eat it.
That said, they are kids... so some cookies and icecream once in a while is okay.
Wolf has a big BIG appetite so I recommend small frequent meals.

Routine and habits:

All of them get to pick what socks they want to wear.
They should not see more than one hour and a half of tv in a day. Normally they see a movie before dinner. They take turns picking what they want to see.
Owen is starting to claim his space and sometimes needs a bit of distance from the girls. He may choose a different movie from time to time and watch it by himself.
Bath time is music time. They get clean to their favourite tunes.
They are used to brush their teeth after lunch when they are at home.

Things to look out for:

-Letty likes to pick things and trying to eat them. Random things, Things like the remote or her brother's pacifier.
-Ruby tends to follow Owen everywhere and he doesn't like it when she follows him to the bathroom.He is starting to need his space.
- Wolf is a very quiet baby.He cries when he is hungry but not when he needs to be changed... you have to check him frequently.
-Owen has some daddy issues... he had a bad experience and sometimes gets a bit insecure.If he ever asks to talk to me, call me.No matter what I'm doing or where I am, call me and let him talk to me.
-Mia comes to stay with us a week or so at a time. She is usually with her other mother, Billie. When she is with us she is very polite and acts like a guest for the first day and has to be convinced that she's at home here too.
-Ruby is very shy. She feels unease around people she doesn't know that well. She also gets frightened when there are a lot of people around her. One exception: anything involving dancing... then she could not care less if the room is crowded or not.
-Scarlet likes to steal toys and chew on them.
-Mia will give her food, her toys... anything to any of them if they ask for it.
-Owen will fight anyone that makes fun of Ruby. Sometimes he bites. It's the only situation I ever saw him be aggressive.. but boy... he is very protective of her.
-Scarlet will talk to strangers. To anyone, really.
-Ruby will tell anyone who asks that her daddy is a blond girl with pretty golden hair but that she is allowed to call Andrew daddy too.

No comments: