Monday, September 5, 2011

From Apple's journal #44

eads.
It was Ruby's dance teacher telling me to meet them at the hospital.
My little ballerina had a little accident today.
She was doing a pirouette and at the end lost her balance and landed on top of her own foot.
Poor girl... when I got to the hospital her foot was twice its normal size and she had big round tears streaming down her face.
I almost killed three nurses when they told me we had to wait two hours for the x-ray. They wanted to make sure she didn't broke anything.
Two hours for a 4 year old with a injured foot is a small eternity but she was a little angel.
I thought she was crying because it hurt... turns out she was crying because she thought she couldn't dance anymore.
So at the end of the day we went home with a twisted ankle, lots of lollipops and the promise that if she is a very good girl and stays off her feet she can go back to her twirling in a week.

No comments: