Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From Apple's journal #15

Today there was no wake up call from the hotel.
Today I woke up with Ruby jumping on me telling me she was hungry.
The sun was already up in the sky... it was well past nine.
Owen and Scarlet were still sleeping.
I picked Ruby up and polka-dotted her face with good morning kisses while she giggled.
I sat her down in her chair and talked to her while I was making breakfast.
She told me she had a dream about baby bears and birds that could not fly.
The pancakes were ready in less than ten minutes and I put a bottle of milk in the microwave.
I sent Ruby to wake up Owen while I got Scarlet and we all had breakfast together in the kitchen.
It felt so good... not having to rush around, putting sleepy kids in the backseat, feeding them in a hurry in the middle of nowhere.
They all grew up so much in the last year.
I feel like everything just flew me by.
Not this year. This year I'm going to enjoy every new word, every new letter learned, every little step.

No comments: