Wednesday, January 26, 2011

From Apple's journal #6

What a mess!
Yesterday I started having some pains so I run to the hospital thinking it was about time little Ruby came out and play.
And it was... but not as planned.
The little devil decided she rather stay for a little while and changed positions getting all caught up in her umbilical cord.
The doctor did not want to take any chances with a natural birth so I was rushed to an operation room and they performed a c-section.
They gave me something so I was half asleep and could not see most of it.
I remembered I got really angry when they didn't let me see her after she was born and they put me to sleep.
I finally woke up in a room, by myself and no baby.
I think I might have scared two or three nurses when I demanded roaring to see my Ruby that second.
I think I might actually threaten some of them... I remember saying something about hunting them down and pretend it was zombie day...
You have to understand I had no idea where my daughter was, if she was ok... I just kept wishing nothing had gone terrible wrong.
Of course all that worrying and panicking was for nothing. In less than 5 minutes I had the most beautiful, healthy and oh-so-hungry baby girl in my arms.
She grabbed my finger and that was it. She was mine and I was hers. A unbreakable bond was made and I knew I was a mom.
I nestled her in my arms spend the rest of the time looking at her while she was feeding.

No comments: