Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Revenge's black list #3

You always know

"I'm just feeling sad, I don't know why". This, right here it's a lie.
You know! You always know!
You just don't want to admit it. Maybe because it's something small and you don't think it's worth upsetting anyone over it, maybe it's because you're afraid people will judge you for it, maybe it's just because you're ashamed of whatever is making you feel that way. You may even say you don't know because it's just too painful or scary to talk about it. But you know.
Being something tiny like having a little bit of your heart broken because your significant other still ignores simple things about your likes and dislikes making you feel like you're not worth paying attention to or something huge like having to hide away because people don't approve the part you play in the life of your loved one or of your friends, you always know.
You might try to shake it of. You might try to pretend it does not matter that much and you might say to yourself that its stupid to complicate someones life just because you feel left out... but it gets to you.
It hurts when people in your own family prefer that you stay away, it hurts when you feel you have to try to not be seen with a friend because someone might recognize you and it hurts when someone you love has to spend time away from you just because their grandmother is in town and cannot know about you.
So go ahead and lie. See if that makes things better and let me know how well that turns out.
It's so frustrating! Why don't you just say what's on your mind? Open your mouth and speak!
Don't you think people deserve the truth? Don't you think you deserve it too?
Let's see... First pick up your phone and have this conversation:
-Hello, grandfather... since you did not have the courage to tell me that you don't want me in your house and sent grandma to do your dirty work, I'm just going to assume she didn't understand what you were saying and this is all a misunderstanding. So guess what... I'm going to visit you and call you on your birthday and invite you to lunch sometime soon. Then we're going to see if you're more ashamed of your granddaughter or more ashamed to tell me to my face that you don't want me around.
Good. Next go to your friend and explain to him that you really enjoy his company but you feel very uncomfortable going with him to places where people he knows might see you because you know that would make his life more complicated. Explain that you will not be going with him to certain places not because you don't like it but because you do not want to be responsible for messing up his life. Be sure to make him understand that it is sweet of him to invite you like there was nothing to worry about and that you do want to spend time with him but you prefer doing it in a way that won't get him into trouble.
Ok... moving along. Grab your special someone a have a little chat:
- I totally respect that you don't want to tell your grandmother about us but I think it sucks that you do it just because your mother demands that of you. Yes, I think it's time you tell your mother that pretending to be very evolved and "understanding" and then telling you that you can't tell people about me does not make her a cool mother... it just makes her a bitch. And by the way... telling me that it's very important for you that people in my family know who you are and that being with someone that is not ashamed of you it's something you've always wished for and then hiding me from your grandmother... that's what I call being a coward.
Go on try it! I bet you'll feel better in no time.

Revenge

No comments: