Wednesday, July 13, 2011

From Apple's journal #26

With Mia with her mother and Owen with his father, Ruby gets a bit more alone-time with me after Scarlet is in bed.
As I was getting her ready to sleep she started talking about random things like she always do.

-Mommy, when I'm big I'm going to be tall. And I'm going to have a car. How many cars does Janina have? How does she drives them all at the same time? Do cars need to sleep? Yesterday I had a dream with a bunny. It was a white bunny. Why is the snow so white? Is it made from vanilla icecream? Can we have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow? Can everyday of the week be a tomorrow? Will I go to the nursery? Can I take my doll? Did I chew on dolls like Letty? Are there people that eat dolls? I want to make dolls when I'm big. Or maybe I'll sing in a band.

This goes on and on. It's quite amusing to see what her little head will come up with next. Today she was less random and more interested in one subject.

- Mommy, can Janina teach me how to dance? And can Andrew teach me how to fish? Or do I have to choose one?
-Of course you don't have to choose, silly. You can ask them both and I'm sure when they have time they will.
-Mommy... is Andrew your wife like Janina?

Ok... I had to laugh. I didn't mean to, but I had to...

-No baby girl. Andrew is a boy and we are not married. When a girl gets married she is a wife. When a boy gets married he is a husband. But Andrew is not married to mommy.
- But he can teach me to fish?
- We'll ask him tomorrow.
- And Janina?
- We'll call her and ask her about the dancing.
- Mommy... Andrew picks me up higher... but Janina has prettier hair and she lets me braid it. - She paused, thinking for a moment - I like them both!

I smiled at her.

-Me too,cupcake. And I love you. So much! Now, off to bed.

No comments: